Saturday, July 26, 2014

Yoga on the Rocks

When fellow Denver blogger, Kendall, at dippedinyellow.com, contacted me asking if I wanted VIP tickets, I could hardly contain my excitement as Yoga on the Rocks is talked around the city quite often and the event sells out fast. Put on by CorePower Yoga and held at Red Rocks Amphitheater, the same place where musical legends strum their guitars and beat their drums, it is a "Denver memory" that will forever be highlighted in my mental scrapbook. 



I don't consider myself a Yogi by any means and the only times I have done it is in front of a tv while Jillian Michael's tells me to do downward dog and then 100 jumping jacks. Not relaxing - not spiritual - not yoga. 



You always hear about the spiritual side of yoga and how some do the act simply to balance their mind. If we are being honest, I always snubbed my nose at "those people" because how can you balance your mind when you are trying to balance your body and twist in to a human pretzel? 




But today? Today I was one of those people. The instructor alone was amazing, but when you add in the surroundings - the people, the mountains, the sun rising, the birds chirping, the wind blowing slowly and moving your hair ever so gently - it made for a pretty remarkable experience. 






After an hour of breathing and stretching and, to my surprise, sweating, we headed to the tents where free samples were being given away by companies like LaraBar, Luna, and Whole Foods. SCORE! 





Again, a big THANK YOU to Kendall and CorePower Yoga for an enjoyable Saturday morning at Red Rocks!







4 comments:

  1. This is so freaking cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! What a cool experience and amazing photos! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has made it on my top 10 list of favorite things I've done in Colorado! Come back and visit SOON! The mountains (and myself) miss you!

      Delete