Sunday, September 14, 2014

In One Week - 17/18

Monday - Lift (legs)

Tuesday - Lift (back & biceps), 4 mile run 

Wednesday - Lift (chest & triceps), 5 mile run 

Thursday - 4 mile run 

Friday - Lift (shoulders & abs)

Saturday - 3 mile run 

Sunday - 8 mile run 

One week from today, I will be telling yelling from the rooftops of Omaha that my marathon is over! The anticipation, along with nerves and a stomach knot that twists when a single thought of race day pops in my head, is building and I am trying to change my attitude from "dreading this run" to "I'm going to have the best race of my life" next Sunday. 

This week was one of those from H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS. I felt defeated, tested, and longed for a lone second to myself to just sit and be still. However, the leader of my pack upstairs answered a few of my prayers. 

1. On Wednesday, K's schedule changed which gave me an hour to run outside while she was at tutoring. It was a picture-perfect Fall afternoon and I finished my run feeling refreshed and fortunate to have had 5 miles to myself to think and take in the mountain views (they will never get old). 


2. After meeting for coffee yesterday morning with some friends, I did my 3 mile run and forced myself to lay on the couch and do nothing. This isn't easy for me. I feel guilty if I'm not moving or outside or doing something that will benefit society, but I knew that it was OK to take time for myself and hit my "reset" button after the week I had. I flipped through magazines, sipped on tea, watched a movie and fell asleep for a little nap. It was soothing, reviving, and much needed for my mind and body. 


3. Lastly, I needed a weekend with this girl. She has been with me throughout my training and beyond. We kept a good pace and flowing conversation this morning while knocking out my last long run!



I leave for Omaha on Thursday morning and have yet to figure out what I'm wearing for the race. Like I said, I feel nauseous at the thought of what my body is going to attempt next weekend so anything relating to it just keeps getting pushed to the back burner. Some of my family will be traveling from Minnesota to come cheer me on (which means the world to me) so I really need to flip the switch and start getting EXCITED for all the things I have to look forward to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment