Sunday, October 12, 2014

Piece of Work

The message that was taught at church this morning was what my ears and my heart needed to hear. It struck chords within my dwelling that have been doing nothing except collecting dust. It’s days like this that I find myself looking at things in a new light and with new thoughts. Let's get talking, shall we?

- - -

We are all guilty of walking into a room and inevitabley we begin to measure ourselves up with the people we share it with.
I’m dressed nicer than her

When was the last time she went to the salon because her roots are like whoa!…

I can see her wedding ring shining like a disco ball from over here so I better just stay on this side of the room...

It’s as though we were auto-programmed, re-wired and structured to slip into this mindset of “I’m not good enough” or “I am good if…”. It's the thought behind if we just keep climbing the ladder and getting ahead of our peers and earning that promotion than finally, we are good enough.

But for who?

God is so overflowing with love that He made us very, very good. He weaved our inner threads exactly how he wanted them to be and for that, we matter and have purpose and mean something with every beat of our heart.

“If God is satisfied with the work, the work may be satisfied with itself.”


Today I am telling myself that...

I AM LOVED

I AM GOOD

I MATTER

I’M HERE ON PURPOSE


Because once I know these things, I AM FREE!


No comments:

Post a Comment