Thursday, April 2, 2015

First Lady Status

Being that I'm on my last Spring Break while living in Colorado, I wanted to stay here and explore some new places. Last Saturday, I went to Phillip S. Miller Park to try out the 200-stair "mini-incline" and stopped at Daniels Park before driving back north to Denver.









Horseback Riding at Del's Triangle Three Ranch

On Monday morning, Nicole and I grabbed some coffee and hit the road towards Steamboat Springs. We found a cozy cafe downtown to eat lunch before heading to Del's Triangle Three Ranch for horseback riding!







We were the first to arrive in our group so we walked around the ranch doing normal things like trying to talk to goats, getting educated on how you know when a horse is sleeping and trying on different cowboy hats because, come on, you gotta look the part when riding through the mountains. Yee haw!







Next stop was Strawberry Park Hot Springs about 20 minutes from Steamboat. This place was by far one of the neatest things I have experienced and I'm so excited to bring a guest there again this weekend! Nicole and I quickly made friends with 3 boys (all under the age of 10) while "double doggie daring" each other to see how long we could last in the cold pool. Cold as in ABSOLUTELY FREEZING, SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, cold pool. 




 

Everything about the day was perfect. From the scenic drive to horseback riding to enjoying ourselves in the hot springs, I couldn't have asked for a better getaway with Nicole…and my new boy, Abe! 






No comments:

Post a Comment