Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I'm Running Away



With ease and hesitation, I climbed on the railing of the bridge. My toes crept over the edge just slightly, leaving enough room for my eyes to look down at the water below. I knew I was going to be ok and that hey, maybe I would enjoy jumping from 30 feet up into a lake below?! But when I was about to do something I had never done before, my nerves knew to kick it in high gear.

He held my hand, counted to three, and we jumped.

My head popped up from the water and a smile emerged on my face.  I laughed, joking that I think I let half of the water in my body through my nose and ears. It was thrilling yet terrifying. It was a rush yet calming. It was putting myself out of my comfort zone to see that I can survive on the other side of it.

God has placed things in my life that are nowhere close to my realm of comfort. From people to events to emotions, I am continually being pulled and stretched to dive in corners where I have never been. I’m feeling things that were part of my past but are slowly emerging in the present. Truthfully, all of these things scare me. My mind and heart act like I just injected a 5-Hour Energy Drink directly to them. But at the end of the day, how blessed am I to get the opportunity to experience these things? I get the chance to grow and be challenged and breathe

I wasn’t given a life that didn’t come with detours and dead ends. None of us were. We all experience those situations that make us want to crawl out of our skin and run away. So where do we run to?

God. The one who knows our heart and what it needs to stay full. 


No comments:

Post a Comment